Larry M Edwards is an award-winning investigative journalist, author, editor and publisher.
He offers freelance writing, editing and manuscript critique services, as well as consulting on publishing projects. He also coaches up-coming writers.
He is the author of three books:
- Dare I Call It Murder?: A Memoir of Violent Loss — Amazon Bestseller — winner, San Diego Book Awards 2012 (unpublished memoir) and 2014, Best Published Memoir, Pulitzer Prize Nominee
- Official Netscape Internet Business Starter Kit
- Food & Provisions of the Mountain Man
He has edited and published:
- What the Private Saw: The Letters & Diaries of Oney Foster Sweet
- The Journey: Learning to Live with Violent Death
- Murder Survivor’s Handbook: Real-Life Stories, Tips & Resources
- Beyond the Spotlight: On the Road With Phyllis Diller
- Home From The Banks: Poems
Larry served as business editor, investigative reporter and feature writer at San Diego Magazine. He edited The T Sector magazine, The Log Newspapers and Maritime Quarterly. As a writer, he wrote for the San Diego Business Journal, Grand Prix Sailor, Sailing World, San Diego Log and worked as stringer for the Associated Press.
- First Place: San Diego Book Awards, for unpublished memoir, Dare I Call It Murder? A Memoir of Violent Loss, 2012, 2014
- Gold Award recipient in the 2015 Benjamin Franklin Book Awards, for Murder Survivor’s Handbook
- Four Best of Show awards from the San Diego Press Club
- Numerous awards from the Society of Professional Journalism and the San Diego Press Club since 1990.